12.08.2004

happy, shiny people

piss me the fuck off...

there's this guy at work, who is always trying to chat me up. he passes my desk EVERY FUCKING DAY at least 4 times... coming into the office, going to lunch, coming back from lunch, and leaving the office. sometimes, i get lucky and he has to walk by my desk for various meetings, etc.

every time, he has to say something to me. and it can't just be "hi, how're you?"

he will stop. look at me for a few seconds and say, "you look different. did you do something to your hair?" or "what's the matter? are you okay?" "awwww, it can't be THAT bad!"

for your fucking information, happy smiley guy, i didn't do anything different, nothing's the matter, and YES it can fucking be THAT bad.

today he stopped, looked at me... and said, "you didn't do anything to your hair!" ha ha. fucking funny.

i know he's just a friendly guy. and he does it to everyone. but why does he always feel the need to try to "cheer me up" when he thinks i'm down? fuck! let me wallow in my fucking misery!

and when i'm moody, i for sure don't want to have to fake a smile just to make him go away.

call me stuck up, call me what you will, but i am NOT in the mood for this bullshit...

AND FUCK! someone's got some stupid jingly noisemaking thingie that's playing "deck the halls" ... on fucking repeat. my xmas spirit just went away completely.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jammie J. said...

Okay, here's what you do. Make the "okay" sign with your right hand. Bring it down so it's horizontal (about boob level), with the fingers pointing away from you. Move it forward about two inches, repeat. You just called him an asshole in sign language.

Or, take your thumb and your index finger and make kind of a "U" (the other fingers curled into the palm of your hand). Place the "U" on your chin (facing out). You just called him a fag.

Yep. I know all the good ones. :)

He won't know, but you'll feel better.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

Yep, there is nothing worse than a terminally sappy happy person bugging you when you want to keep being pissy. I had the same problem this morning when I was feeling a little down. Luckily (for others) I'm not in a high traffic area. It sounds like you are.

Jeanette, thanks for the tips. If Grace doesn't use those, you can be sure I will. Clandestine put-downs are so cool.

12:10 PM  
Blogger 8ZERO8 said...

Staple his mouth shut then stab him in the eyes with a pencil.

Trust me. This works.

9:16 PM  
Blogger grace said...

jeanette: but, if i'm going to insult someone, i want them to know what i'm saying :P thanks for the tip, though... you never know. a deaf guy may piss me off one day...

8: thanks. i'll be sure to do that... as soon as i gain about 100 lbs. this guy is tall and hefty. i don't think i can overpower him yet...

i dunno. i'm almost always anti-social, but people (especially guys) try to "cheer me up" because "such a pretty girl should have a smile on her face." uhm. yeah. arses. so, the ruder i am, the harder they try. it's a no win sitch.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home