12.06.2004

my daddy *updated*

so, i finished my second presentation for today so i thought i'd fuck around...

was looking at our australia pics again and i remembered something my dad said to me when they dropped by on saturday night...

"steve takes good pictures of you. you could be a model! boy, if people only saw your pictures, they'd think you were cute or something!"

thanks, daddy!

i love my daddy, though... even though he says fucked up shit. hmmm... i wonder who i take after :P

he used to introduce me to his friends, "this is grace, the ugly daughter."

i know (or i think i know. hehe) that he used to say that because he wanted to hear them say how cute i was and stuff... "no, no... your daughter's not ugly! how could you say such things to her!" because if he said, "this is grace, my cute daughter." they would think, "oh, god. he only thinks she's cute because she's his daughter..."

yeah. so in his own fucked up way, he was fishing for compliments...

one time this one friend (who was all into psychology and shit) was so mortified and gave my dad such a verbal beating... that my dad actually felt bad... made me come back down the stairs and asked me in front of the guy if he was making me feel bad... that was worse than him telling his friends that i'm ugly. heh...

my dad's the best, though. even if he does depend on me a little too much...

***and an update... my dad emailed me and he asked me for a favor. and he'd buy me a big dinner next time i see him.
me: i don't need a big dinner... don't worry about it...
dad: why? are you on a diet? you don't need to be on a diet. because guys like fat girls... not like obese. but fat. like you.

holy god. the man's going to give me a complex!***

6 Comments:

Blogger Kis Lee said...

that sounds like my dad. he means well, but sometimes he says the wrong things. when i was a teen, i had really bad acne. so my dad would call me pizza face and moon face. he's such a kidder. :P

4:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my god.. your dad is so funny.. both your parents are cute. oh.. i forgot to tell you, your mom accidently called me on saturday.. she's so cute on the phone.

actually, i got excited because i thought it was you.. i haven't talked to you in a long ass time. :P

5:13 PM  
Blogger Cece Martinez said...

HAHAHA! Thats too cute!
But you're turning down a free meal?! Dang, I LOVE IT when my dad takes me out to eat! He likes good places and the skys the limit...appetizers, dessert...whatever. Its a total feast. When Roy and I go out we're always on a budget. Drat budgets!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Damn, that's funny. My parents never pulled any shit like that. But maybe I would have thought it was funny. Maybe that has something to do with how funny you take getting busted on.

Fatty.

9:31 AM  
Blogger grace said...

LE: yeah... seriously... i felt like saying, "no, dad... that's okay... that's just my self-esteem. i didn't need that anyway..."

Jules: my mom called you? i didn't even know she had your number! damn. my mom's sneaky.

V: being called healthy is the worst! well, except for being called "fatty." (thanks, mike! *sob*)

C: i normally wouldn't turn down a free meal, but my bro's in that school right now. i don't want to take any more money from them!

J: my dad is cute... but he doesn't have cheeks like i do!!! good luck trying to squish his cheeks!

AB: go to hell! i said i was sorry about the pics! i changed the resolution on my phone! they'll be better now! i promise! sheesh...

Mike: i hate you today. again. *sob*sob*sob*

11:22 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

hey, good thing you didn't let it affect you in any way.

*snicker*

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home