12.06.2004

how many times....

do i need to rant about people talking to you in the bathroom until people stop it????

i went to the restroom and this girl starts chatting me up. first starting with "how's your weekend" then talking about work... i'm trying to take a piss over here. when there was finally a pause long enough, i slipped into the stall... and she's still fucking talking to me....

i was silent...
girl: grace?
me: uhm... are you still talking to me?
girl: yeah...
me: uhm... can you talk to me later when i'm out of the bathroom?
girl: oh, yeah. sure! no problem!
me: thanks...

and then she waited for me. what the fuck? this is at LEAST the third time i've ranted about this and the problem is just NOT getting better... what makes people think it's socially acceptable to talk to you when you're trying to take care of your business...

it's already embarrassing going to the bathroom because you can practically SEE INSIDE the stall when you're in it! when i'm in a stall, i can see people CLEARLY. i know who has walked into the restroom after me... GOD! i hate our bathrooms at work.

on a lighter note... the best part about the rain yesterday?

it was the orange county marathon yesterday. muwahahahahahaha!

just thinking about all of those runners in the cold rain makes me giggle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

someone suggested making courtesy noise-makers.. and also a noise-maker that repels people from talking to you.

in a robotic voice saying.. "fuck off.. i'm taking a dump"

hehehe... now there's a invention to make millions off of..

2:19 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Japanese technology to the rescue ...

3:42 PM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

I'm with Geist on the talking during a urinal break. There's this one guy that I hate to see walk into the restroom when I'm there. He insists on telling me that I remind him of the time he had a kidney stone when he sees me at the urinal. ??? (Maybe because I'm grimacing when I see him?) I don't ask what he means. I don't want to encourage him.

The runners in the cold rain makes you giggle huh? You've got an evil streak in you I think. It is kind of amusing though...

9:09 AM  
Blogger gg said...

In my opinion, starting a conversation in the bathroom is a no-no, but if you are CONTINUING a conversation that was started outside the bathroom, and both people walked in together, then it's alright. Even if it continues into the stalls.

Okay, re-reading the comment, that reasoning sounds fucked up, but I guess there it is.

9:38 AM  
Blogger grace said...

damn it, jules! looks like the japanese beat us to it. no millions for us :(

giest: i guess so. but i have this problem with peeing in public, anyway... i have to REALLY concentrate to make it come out!

yb: i'm not sure if it's an evil STREAK. streak sounds so small! :P

GM, you're right... but i still don't want to talk to someone whilst in the loo.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Oddgirl said...

You're so popular! All-hail Grace the Pee Princess!:)

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home