2.11.2005

do i curse? fuck, yeah!

so, yesterday, i left work around 4PM. there was a grand opening at a circuit city somewhat close to work, so steve and i went... they were giving out free $50 gift cards to the first hundred people in line! we had to try!

on the way over there, julia calls. i put julia down as a professional reference. before you get all excited, i haven't really started applying for new jobs. i'm applying for this part-time tutoring gig. partially so i don't feel so pressured to find a well-paying job if i just want to leave my field and partially because if i don't leave my field, i can stay here, and use the extra cash to help pay off the home... i mean, the faster we pay it off, the sooner i can quit my job permanently.

so, jules calls me LAUGHING her ass off...
jules: you know what they asked me?
me: no, what?
jules: (LAUGHING) they asked me (HAHAHA) if (HAHAHA) you (HAHAHA)... use foul language! HAHAHAHAHA...
me: awww, shit... you lied, right?

goddamn them... i can behave if i have to... like, i never curse in front of steve's family... shit, you wouldn't even know me if you saw me around them.

but what the fuck? like julia's going to say, "oh yeah, she's got a leeeeetle language problem." another thing they asked was if i dress conservatively. uhm... yeah. like she's going to say that i look like a poorly paid prostitute or something. whatever. i guess they have to ask....

at any rate, i don't know if jules fucked it up for me... i wonder if they're even going to bother to call anyone else :P

and oh, yeah... we got our $50 gift cards. barely. we were near the end of the line, but we got it :) we got 3 games for... $3. woohooo! :) SCORE!

oddworld
karaoke revolution 3
winnie the pooh's rumbly tumbly adventure (uhm... it's uh... not for me... it's... for my cousin's daughter. she's 2, but extremely advanced with uh... the... controls. amazing hand-eye coordination, she has, you know? it's... uhm... amazing. yeah.)

oh, and at southern cali circuit city locations, they always have some old laker player there. yesterday was AC Green. that means NOTHING to me. they did have laker girls, though! it was a rainbow of hot chicks! and i even asked steve if he wanted to take a pic of them with my camera phone, but he declined... so i guess he didn't think they were that hot... or maybe he thought i was baiting him. :P (steve, for the record, i totally wouldn't have cared... hehe)

and then my back started hurting. BAD. i couldn't even sit in the car without just being completely uncomfortable. by the time we got home, i thought i was going to die. so i took a muscle relaxer and drank some alcohol. i felt better for about... eh, 30 minutes or so... the pain wasn't completely gone, but i was at least functional. i didn't even get loopy. jeezus. what's the point of mixing drugs and alcohol if you're not going to get high? pffff.

anyway, there are a couple of downsides to taking muscle relaxers for me. the first being that they don't work all that well for me. i should probably take 2 next time. yeah... and the second is that when it completely wears off, i wake up. yesterday wasn't so bad, but normally when i wake up after it wears off, i can't sleep for at least 45 minutes... yesterday, i just looked at the clock (it said 1:16) and i fell back asleep. i guess i was tired.

i didn't want to fill out the worker's comp paperwork... i guess i'm in denial about this whole thing, but i guess i'd better go do that and see the company doctor. i'm just afraid it'll be a waste of time for me to go see him.

**by the way, i love the new way to post comments :D**

7 Comments:

Blogger Kis Lee said...

hey, i've been thinking of tutoring part-time, too. those SAT schools are blowing up these days, so that's one option.

10:05 AM  
Blogger peachy said...

HA!!HA!! AC Green. That's a blast from the past, and I actually recognize the name. *sigh*

That's too funny about the job calling Julia and asking those questions. Who wouldn't lie?

Cool that you got the gift cards too.

10:09 AM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Hmmm...sounds like you got a bad batch of pills there...maybe I should just take them off your hands for you...

Oh, by the way, are you up for a drink this weekend? There's an irish pub by my house that I want to check out (now that you put the idea of an irish boy in my head!)

10:16 AM  
Blogger cat said...

WHY can't i get Karaoke Revolution???? i need (and want) 2 & 3. damn you, grace! get me one for $3. :)

and now i so want that winnie the pooh rumbly tumbly adventure. hee!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Laaaa laaa laaaaaaa! Since I'm not ready to sing in person to you, I thought I'd sing on your blog comments. :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger grace said...

giest: i should. i've been seeing an acupuncturist. the chiropractor didn't help that much...

le: i want to tutor young kids, though. so i can warp their minds.

peach: ac green is still drawing up blanks for me. but i now know what he looks like!

mel: i'm ALWAYS up for a drink. no, seriously. i'm up for a drink now. and it's not quite noon yet.

cat: it's not for me! no, really... uhm... yeah.

jeanette: it sounded beautiful :P

lah: of course she lied! wtf are friends for??? :P

v: hehe. i'd lie for my sister, too. not that she needs me to lie for her... and thanks... i hope i get it, too...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Funny post! Good luck on the job.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home