2.08.2005

things i do that annoy even me...

i have my cell phone alarm set to 6:45 every work day. and every day that it goes off, i turn it off and go back to sleep for another 15... 20... sometimes even 30 minutes.

i obsess about everything... and i'm obsessed about it for weeks... and then i never pick it up and do it again. it's not that i don't like it anymore... i'm just... fucking weird, i guess.

i nag. but i like to refer to it as "double-checking." i try really, really hard to keep my mouth shut and NOT ask steve if he's done something... or if he's going to do something. or if he can help me with something. but in the end, the mouth wins... and i want to KICK MYSELF even as the words are coming out of my mouth...

i talk to the movie screen. at least i don't do it in public. but when steve and i are watching a movie, i'll say shit like, "giiiiirrrrrl, don't go in there..." or "I'M SCARED!" (these aren't scary movies, either) or "that BITCH!" or at the end of the movie, "but... but... what happened????" i also cry during movies. a lot. like, i need a freaking box of kleenex next to me.

i talk to myself. all the time. when i'm getting dressed in the morning. when i'm working. i need to stop that. people don't need proof that i'm insane. sheesh.

i don't put shit away. i have piles of books everywhere. i'm finally starting to put my clothes away. i hate putting shit away. when i was in college and i'd dust, i'd pick up my piles of books and papers... and dust underneath... and then put the piles back where they were. why do i do that? would it really be that much more of an effort to just put the shit away? well, in my defense, some of the books i just don't know where to put them... but still... jeez.

i am condescending sometimes. i have a friend that i've had for a long time... and sometimes she calls me ... and wants boy advice... and sometimes i'm just rude. i don't mean to be... but it just comes out. i'm really not trying to be condescending... but it comes out that way. and she's totally called me on it. oops. sorry....

oh. and that reminds me. i'm apologetic. for everything. it's in my nature, i guess. but i learned early on at work that i shouldn't ever apologize at work because once you do, it's automatically your fault. even if it's not. yeah. i learned that the hard way.

i complain about shit and then do nothing about it. i'm working on this one, though...

i'm indecisive. about almost everything. what do i want to eat for dinner? what do i want to do this weekend? what do i want to do about work? I DON'T KNOW! yet, i'm unhappy with whatever the results are. well, not always. but sometimes. maybe? i don't know!

and the list goes on and on, i'm sure. but these are just ones that i'm coming up off the top of my head. FUCK. i'm annoying.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

OMG GRACE! Ok, I'm seriously starting to wonder if I have a multiple personality. And she keeps a blog.

But I guess that would make my multiple personality a lot like me. Hmmm. It could happen. Anyways, I think you get what I'm trying to say here. Fuck, I thought I was the only movie-talkin', "follow-upping", ever-sorry, condesceding freak.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

It takes me an hour to wake up.

I obsess about something, then let it go. Like that weboggle thing. It got so bad I was creating words in my dreams.

Sorry, I never nag. I say it once and then if it doesn't get done, I do it myself.

I hide my face in Tony's shoulder. All scary or sort of scary parts of the movie. If I were watching the movie with you, I'd hide my face in your shoulder. Just because I wanna sniff you.

Never talk to myself. I argue with my X in the mirror all the time though.

I put stuff away. But I do it all in one day. Like Sunday afternoon.

I'm never condescending. Sometimes I'm just done with the conversation which someone may interpret as condescending. But that's their problem.

I used to be apologetic. Much less so, now. Although I do want everyone to get along. Dissension eats at my heart.

I'm not indecisive, I'm just non-committal.

:) XOXO

11:07 AM  
Blogger Cece Martinez said...

gee. I'm alot like you. Or youre alot like me. Since I'm older and all. hehehe.

11:18 AM  
Blogger grace said...

mtmt: omg! i'm not alone??? heh...

jeanette: you want to sniff me? i might smell like kimchee :P

cece: wow! i feel so special! :P

12:04 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

nah, you're not alone. if i took the time to write all the annoying things i do, it would take me a few hours.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

*sniff, sniff*

2:50 PM  
Blogger cat said...

wow. you sound like me. scary.

and i talk to myself all the time. i talk to the dog, to the kingdom hearts game (i tell donald how useless he is.. ha ha!), to myself and to shawn. only shawn never answers me any more because apparently my constant chatter is SO constant he can never tell who i am actually talking too... the sad part? i have NO CLUE that i am doing this at least 90% of the time. it's scary i'm going to end up like some crazy homless lady just muttering and cursing to herself all the time.

7:36 PM  
Blogger peachy said...

What is wrong with all of you?! :P
I don't talk to myself, but when I see people that do I automatically think they're homeless. HA!!HA!!

I'm with you on not putting things away. Piles can be good.

7:08 AM  
Blogger grace said...

as: hehe. i'm not alone! i do that shit all the time... i'm sure people think i'm insane...

le: oh... this was just the tip of the iceberg :P

j: mmm, kimchee... hehe

jeanette: you're a freak. that's why i love you. :P

cat: i TOTALLY talk to my video games... i curse at them... and i did tell donald many times that he was a useless little fuck... hehe

peachy: you would totally think i was homeless.

v: i've always wanted a twin... we could dress the same and switch places if we wanted to... that would be fun! :P

10:01 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

hhhmmmm, I've notice that only women has responded to this post. Let's see how I match up. 1. I actually have learned to set my alarm clock 30 minutes early just so that I can waste that half hour sleeping, which leads into another one of my wierd habits, I am what I cal hyper-punctual (meaning I am on time or usually 5-10 minutes early). I also obsess about everything and will do so for weeks until it either becomes a crisis or it finally no longer matters. I don't double check other, just myself, and I don't talk during movies. I do have stacks and stacks of books and paper, magazines and clothes, until my wife can't stands it any more and then I put it ALL away. Not usually condesending, except appearently when I write, I am very apologetic except appearently when I write. And I am (hear again, what I call) hyper-decisive, I will make a decision just to make it and have it done with. hhhmmmm definitely not a twin, but maybe close enough to be related, do you want a jewish older brother?

4:41 PM  
Blogger grace said...

richard, we could be cousins, maybe :P

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home