2.09.2005

valentine's day

i'm not a big fan of v-day. i mean, really... what's the point? i don't want someone treating me nicely because of a hallmark holiday. i want to be treated nicely ALL THE FUCKING TIME. okay. that's not true. it doesn't have to be all the fucking time that they have to do shit for me. every once in a while, little things are nice... like when steve does the dishes for me because he knows i'm tired and stressed out... or he burns me hours of mp3s on a cd so i can listen to it in my car... little things make me happy... believe it or not, i'm not that high maintenance. seriously. i don't know why people think i am.** i don't think it's high maintenance for me to expect treatment in the manner i should be treated... LIKE A PRINCESS. i jest. i'm not a princess. i don't even have my toenails painted! holy shit! heh...

anyway, so when v-day rolls around, we usually do something small... nothing huge... we don't go out for dinner or anything because i hate crowds.... they make me anxious and shit... and i fucking hate those people who walk around with baskets of flowers wanting the man to buy a rose or whatthefuckever... fuck off! we're trying to eat!

we do exchange little gifts... just because. last year i made him a mixed tape. on a TAPE, not a cd. i know. can you believe they still sell tapes? thank god he's got one of those combo tape/cd players in his car. otherwise, he'd never have listened to it...

and i was thinking this year i would write him a poem... like...
roses are red, violets are blue...
i think you're sweet... oh, and i love your cock.

but i can't get it to rhyme. so forget that...

valentine's day is just so stupid and overrated. it's just one more holiday to make people feel bad when they don't have a man or a woman. just when people think that they've gotten through the holidays okay ... and they're starting to get over the trauma and the people asking about their love lives... valentine's day comes around. damn hallmark. damn them and their stupid holidays.

on the other hand, it's a good opportunity to score some chocolate...

**blogger note: there's this guy at my work who drives me insane. he's just a condescending prick. he swears i'm high maintenance and i just blow it off... most of the time... but it's really starting to get on my nerves. he doesn't even have any back up for his claims. he doesn't even really fucking know me. asswipe.

and he swore that he was younger than me. he's maybe about 33. and he's graying fast. and when it was my bday, he wouldn't believe that i was younger than him. WTF????? i look older than him? he could pass for late 30s for sure... and then when i showed him my driver's license, he was kinda quiet, and then he looks at my weight and says, "pffff... 105... yeah, right!"

i was fucking mortified. WHAT A JACKASS. GOD! I HATE HIM!!!!! i mean, WTF????

and he thinks he's so "in the know." his wife is filipino and he's talking to this other guy about, "blah, blah, blah, oh my god, can you believe that guy called so and so and 'oriental?' ha ha ha... blah, blah... she's ASIAN." WHO THE FUCK CARES? and so he's blabbering about this outside my cube and glancing in like wondering if i'm listening in and finally i got so annoyed with the whole thing (because he's bringing up his wife and how she gets all offended when people call her oriental, not asian) i told him something like, "if you really wanna get all nit-picky, your wife's not asian either. she's PACIFIC ISLANDER. not ASIAN."

GOD, i hate that man. fucktard.

uhm... yeah. i don't know where i was going with this post. i'm really tired today...

15 Comments:

Blogger Kis Lee said...

your co-worker sounds like a #1 jerk. get steve to kick his ass. hehe.

wow, they still sell cassettes?!?! i didn't know that!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

I'm sorry, Grace, but I'm not with you on this one. I love Valentine's day. Maybe because I'm just a sappy creature and love telling my sweetie that he's awesome.

On your poem, it has to go like this:

Roses are red,
violets rock,
You're a sweetheart and
I love your cock.

XOXO

12:38 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

hey, beyond npd's poem is pretty good!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Oddgirl said...

I think you need to get one of those movie ropes and put it in the entrance of your cube. That way you can only allow certain people in your cube. Fucking fucktard! Why would he even continue talking to you? Does he think you guys are friends or something? Next time he says "105 yeah right" look directly at his crotch and say "4 inches, no fucking way that's too generous". By the way, you are definitely not high maintenance. What a dick...

Steve is a sweetie. I think it's awesome you made him a mix tape. You guys are too cute. :P

1:33 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Chocolate is the whole point of Valentine's day.

1:37 PM  
Blogger grace said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:38 PM  
Blogger grace said...

wtf: i am interested in seeing avenue q... i don't think they have it around here, though :( and YES, i did agonize over it. and i had my drink in one hand and my finger from the other hand on the pause button. heh. ooh, funny poems. hehe. why can't i rhyme!

le: eh, i just give him the evil eye... and i tell everyone what a dick he is. hehe...

npd: that is a good poem, too... maybe you and wtf need to get together to write odes to cocks or something...

nina: that would rock. the rope thing. also the thing about his little pecker. but... i don't want to say anything about that. then i'd get a visual. ew. i don't know if he thinks we're friends or what. the vibe i get from him is that he hates me... that's just me, though...

kurt: shit. i messed up. i'm going to have to tell steve i believe in v-day! :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think i'm going to have to good vday this year.. :D

steve's great.. don't forget what i said about cloning him. :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

If I was in a relationship where I could be affectionate every day then yeah, I probably wouldn't think of V Day that much differently than any other day - but I would still do something special for her.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

See, I just read your last post. THIS is the Grace I know and have always come back to read. I think you should sneak out to the parking lot and slash the fucktards tires. And on the topic of valentine's day, I have just entered a whole new experience for the holiday, yesterday I bought a box of those little themed walgreens 2 dozen pack valentines. My son's pre-school requested that all the kids bring them in, and it's strange being a parent and explaining valentines day.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Envoy-ette said...

Now that you're married...Steve's got some responsibility. If he wants the booty...he needs to get you the jewelry. :) OH..yeah...thanks for the new word....fucktard!!! I'm adding it to my Thesaurus.

7:21 PM  
Blogger cat said...

i loathe valentine's day. every year i send an email of a song i wrote when i was 14 or something to all my friends. they expect it now. i call it my Ode to Valentine's Day. it's about how i hate cupid. hee. this year i'll just post it on my blog.

i have a sweetheart at home though.. the last two years i have gotten a grumpybear valentine's gift from shawn. he knows i love grumpybear and i don't like to fuss over this holiday (it's not a holiday unless you can get time off of work!!)

6:46 AM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Um, Grace? I think the Fucktard loves you. Not just loves, but luuuuuuuurrrrrrrves you! You know how kids used to pull your hair in school and be really mean to cover up their true feelings? Sounds like this guy. He probably thinks about you when he is having sex with his Pacific Islander wife. Hee hee...sorry! That was bad!

8:38 AM  
Blogger grace said...

jules: does "great v-day" mean lots and lots of hot sex? and yes... as soon as they get that cloning shit down, i'm making one for all my girlfriends :P

ian: you're just such a sweetie... come over and hook up with mel :P

richard: i just sent out an assload of valentine's. why? because sanrio gave me an assload for free. and who can say no to the chococat? certainly not me!

lah: that's sweet... :) i love music... i'm all about the aural pleasures...

envoyette: haha. i'm not much of a jewelry person, to be honest. and pretty much, if he wants booty, all he's gotta do is GET NEKKID :P

cat: i'm with ya! if i've gotta be at work, what fucking kind of holiday is it????

mel: i think i just threw up a little up...

9:52 AM  
Blogger cat said...

hee hee... grace makes a cute bunny :)

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home