10.04.2004

it's getting hot in huuuurrrrrrr....

holy shit... it's so effin' hot in here. i think the circulation system must be down. it's hot and stuffy. i feel like i'm going to throw up. i swear it's either freezing cold in here or hot as hell.

i think i may suffocate and die.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

i'm always late jumping onto the bandwagon because i don't watch tv and hardly ever listen to the radio.

a while back, steve acquired a copy of The Killers' Hot Fuss. i am just now listening to it. actually, he was sending a cd along with me to give his friend that works by me... and i copied it first. heh. at any rate, it's okay. i don't hate it. i don't love it, either. i feel the same way about The Killers that i do about Franz Ferdinand.

though i might like Franz Ferdinand better because of the "THE" in the name. i'm kind of annoyed with all the bands that start with the. The Hives, The Killers, The Vines, The White Stripes, The Shins, The Donnas... when does it stop? holy crap.

hey, i've heard this song before... i actually like the other songs more than their single. at any rate, damn them and their catchy, 80s retro music.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

so, we drove up to monterey on saturday. my mom made breakfast, so we stopped by one of the state beaches. there was this really old guy there taking the money for going to the beach. they wanted $8. which would be fine, if we were planning on staying there the whole day or something, but we just wanted a half hour... so after a couple of minutes of flirting with him, he let us go in for free...

sure, he was 95 years old, but i still got it. aw, yeah.

we got there as my aunt was getting out of the hospital, so we met her at her home. she just bought this mobile home... what are they called? manufactured homes? whatever. yeah. it was huge. like, 1700 sq. feet or something. double wides. the way to go. i didn't know they were so nice. it's too bad you have to pay rent on the land.

she had a bunch of tests done. no one knows what's wrong with her. she'll get the test results back sometime this week, supposedly. we'll see...

jules came over to see me at my aunt's... (it was so good to see you, jules! :) thanks for coming!)

the drive up was so much easier than the drive back down. i drove 12 hours on saturday. i was soooo tired. the worst part was 9-11pm. everyone fell asleep... and it was just me and the 101. i was sleepy and irritable.... i got home about midnight.

the next morning, my mom calls me... maybe about 9ish? i can't remember. and she says (in a surprised voice), "oh, you sound tired."

me: uhm... kinda.
mom: oh, really? we're fine...
me: (annoyed, but trying to suppress it) that's good, mom...
mom: how funny, we're not tired at all! you're getting old.
me: okay, mom!

of COURSE, i'm tired. jeezus christ! i drove for 12 hours... more than that including stops. sheesh. my parents got to sleep... at least lie down. sheesh. they drove a total of 3 hours... 1.5 hours to our meeting place and 1.5 hours back. what the hell? my mom drives me insane sometimes.

this weekend i get to spend 3 FULL DAYS with them. i haven't a clue as to how i'm going to survive.

but, when i got home, steve had the whole home cleaned! and vacuumed! and the bathrooms were sparkling! and the dishes were done and the bunny was fed and it was so fabulous! :) i love that man.

7 Comments:

Blogger Oddgirl said...

You have a bunny?!? Sorry your weekend wasn't that great. It was better than ours if that makes you feel any better. At least you parked for free. That old fucker would of made me pay I bet. Say, you wouldn't be available to flirt my way into the upcoming baseball playoffs would you?????

11:13 AM  
Blogger David said...

Thanks for you posted!
It's been 3 days! I was starting to think you had in fact been eaten by the spider!

By the way, was that one of the things Steve did while you were out? I mean kill the spider.

P.S: Post a pic of your bunny.

12:59 PM  
Blogger grace said...

nope. that spider is still alive. i told you! he loves almost all of god's creatures. hehe...

i'll post a pic of the bunny. :) it's not that recent. but she's still just as cute. :P

1:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm sooo glad that i got to see you.. :) even if it was just for a little bit.. :) i missed you!

dude, steve rocks! i'm tellin' ya.. if we cone him we'd make a fortune!!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

d'oh.. i meant "clone" him. sheesh..

you know my hands are stupid.. they failed in spelling.

2:57 PM  
Blogger grace said...

oh, i was thinking of selling steve in a big waffle cone. mmm mmm mmm! 5 cents a lick :P

3:00 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Dude! If your husband does all that while you're gone, I'd sooooo buy a Steve Cone! Put my order in!

Aren't moms just like that? I am prepping myself to meet mine for dinner. I told her I would be 5 minutes late and to have a glass of Chianti waiting for me!

CUTE bunny!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home