9.30.2004

i could REALLY use a drink.. or 2 or 3.

unfortunately, i can't leave the office for lunch.

also, i've got those cursed asian genes. i turn bright fucking red when i imbibe anything with even a hint of alcohol in it. i can sniff beer and i'll be red for hours. if i even look at liquor, it's over for me. crimson red for me. and it's not just my face. my ENTIRE body will be covered in RED splotches.

what the hell???? i'm so unlucky.

steve has a hollow leg. i'm serious. he can drink and drink and drink and ... well, you get the point. it's sickening. and 99% of the time, you can't tell he's drunk. either that or he's really not drunk. i guess the white man's fire water has no effect on him. even if he is half white. one time, he and my cousin ben drank a whole bottle of tequila. a WHOLE bottle. what the fuck? and then he had beers afterwards.

i can't drink tequila. makes me ill. i can maybe take a shot or two, but then i'm done for the night. once i had 6 or 7 shots. i turned bright red. and then deathly pale. and then i puked. FOR HOURS. literally.

hey, i saw Garbage Pail Kids in nj this past weekend. i didn't know they still made and/or sold those! holy crap. i almost bought a pack. then i decided against it. wtf am i gonna do with garbage pail kids???

at any rate, the only one i remember is the character UpChuck. oh yeah. that's some funny shit. and then my friend reminded me of the other pukey character: Heavin' Steven.

i'm still hungry. even after i was thinking about puking. i'm hungry. i'm always hungry. i think i have an eating disorder. eating is one of my favorite things to do. whatever. i almost wish it was tuesday today so we could go to el torito grill for taco tuesday... mmm.

ah well. i guess i'll just have to have happy hour at our place. and everyone's invited!

4 Comments:

Blogger Quyen said...

haha! I remember the Garbage Pail Kids! They were so gross! Mooning us while barfing in a trash can at the same time... :P One does have to wonder how they marketed those things to girls... seriously, all my friends and I collected them :P

12:39 PM  
Blogger David said...

I guess they are really "cursed genes" because it makes it so hard for all Asian teenagers to convince their parents they weren't drinking, it's like your own body is against you!

I'd like to know what your excuse was for being bright red every saturday night...

1:03 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

My best friend is Korean and we ALWAYS giggle at her redness...and her pukiness...she once puked on a girl on the dance floor of a club. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard! Being half Mexican and part Irish and part American-Indian, I can hold my liquor like nobody's business. It freaks people out because I am so small and I can drink most people under the table...

2:26 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

Ha, I don't really get the Asian flush. My booze tolerance is pretty low, so I stay away from the stuff.

Geez, my boyfriend can pack away a lot of beers before he even seems a little buzzed. I'm a bit jealous of that.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home