1.17.2005

teaberry ice cream

ever heard of it?

i can't even find a link for it. it's a regional flavor, mostly found in pennsylvania, i believe.

not even eastern penn. i think it's found mostly in bumblefuck. you know, where steve's from :P

at any rate, yankeebob found some. so he and i had some chats and he arranged to have it shipped to me... we had originally tried to maybe get it in for xmas so i could surprise steve with a christmas gift for once (rat bastard makes me buy stuff off his amazon wishlist)... but it was nowhere to be found.

but then miraculously, yb found some. and he talked to his shipping department who was able to ship it out to me in dry ice. ya know, when i asked my shipping department about maybe getting something shipped, they were quiet for a while and then replied, "you can ship ice?"

GAH!

but yb's shipping department is apparently much more informed than my shipping department. hey, did you know that dry ice is considered a dangerous item? i had no idea. and what the fuck is it made out of? all i know is that the shit works GOOD. heh. the ice cream was rock fucking solid when i got it in. i was so excited.

and for the first time ever, i surprised steve. hah! shipping was kinda expensive, but it was worth it... and it's so tasty. i can't even describe what it tastes like.

anyway, so this post is dedicated to yankeebob because he rules. even more than dry ice! thanks! :) you should be getting your package in the next couple of days :)

8 Comments:

Blogger A said...

holy shit. you should know that you are very lucky. mmmmm.....PLUS! dry ice is fun to play with. Just don't touch it barehanded.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

Hey Grace, dry ice is considered a hazard because it gives off carbon dioxide when it goes away. (I didn't say melts because it doesn't really melt.) In a small area, the gas could make you feel light-headed. Enough of the stuff gets released, you could pass out.

I'm glad that whole thing went well. You surprised Steve for the first time ever? I didn't realize that! How cool. I'm honored to be involved in such a ground breaking venture.

11:45 AM  
Blogger peachy said...

Woohoo!
When I left work Friday, I forgot to ask YB if he'd heard from you. It's impressive to hear our shipping department is so with it. I hope you enjoy every spoonful (and save some for Steve!). :p

11:50 AM  
Blogger grace said...

angelina: really? oops. are my fingers going to fall off now?

yb: what??? you mean, i could've gotten high and i didn't? damn it! :P and yes, thank you for helping me in this momentous occasion! :)

peachy: it's all gone. kidding :P i only had two little bites. i can't eat all of steve's present! :)

v: i know, right? bob kicks ass :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Wow. We blogger people ARE cool, aren't we? Yes, I know. I said "cool" and this post is about ice cream and dry ice.

P.S. I'll be over later for a spoonful of teaberry ice cream. You and Steve can go snort dry ice in the bedroom. Or whatever.

3:52 PM  
Blogger grace said...

sure, come on over, jeanette... have a spoonful of the MOST EXPENSIVE ICE CREAM EVER! but only because of the hellacious shipping. heh.

YB, don't say anything about the shipping costs. steve might read it. hehe. ugh.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

No problem Grace. Your secret is safe.

And thanks for all the shout-outs. I feel all warm and fuzzy.

6:21 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Steve is from PA? Where? LB is from PA, I am going to his office right now to ask him about this mysterious ice cream.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home