1.27.2005

I CAN'T SLEEP!!!!

if you know anything about me, i LOVE eating, having sex, and sleeping. and not necessarily in that order.

christ! i woke up around 3:30 and now i can't go back to sleep. this is really painful for me. reminds me of my pre-steve days when i'd get maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night. every night.

good god. i wanna go back to sleep. that'll teach me to take a muscle relaxer before going to bed. my feet felt a little tingly last night, but that was about it. i didn't feel particularly sleepy or anything. i should've known better. i knew i should've mixed it with alcohol. :P that would've knocked me out for longer.

so, i had a really good bday last night... got lots of bday booty. well, not the sex kind. i was on the phone with buddies wishing me a happy birthday and steve took that opportunity to get some sleep. smart man. he knew better than to stay awake and have to give me sex. he never gets sleep any other day, anyway. but... i'll bet if we had sex i wouldn't have woken up. DAMN IT! *note to self: sex instead of or together with muscle relaxer*

we went to a moroccan restaurant last night. i like places where you share food. i dunno. makes it more intimate somehow. and everything was ME SIZED! :D the seats were really low... i actually "yelped" when the seat wasn't exactly where i expected it. i felt a sense of panic because for a split second, i thought i was going to hit the ground. but, i felt right at home! :D i love when everything's low to the ground! and the couches all along the wall had tons of pillows all over it. it was comfy. so comfy that after we ate, all i wanted to do was sleep.

we went to marrakesh in costa mesa. (for those of you in socal, that's at the end of the 55. if you're headed down the 55S, make a u-turn at 17th -where triangle square is... i think it's the 17th, at least) they give you a lot of freakin' food, so you have to be starving when you go. luckily, i'm always starving.

they have a fixed menu, but you have a choice of main courses. and it costs i think $30-$35 a person. they start you off with a vegetable soup, salad (not your typical lettuce, tomato salad), bread (with anise seeds ... sooo good... and i hate anise, usually), this really fucking tasty appetizer... i can't remember the name, but it's this flaky pastry shell on the outside, filled with tasty chicken filling on the inside. served really HOT like i like food... then the meal... we got the shrimp kabobs with couscous (mmm, couscous) and lemon chicken. and then dessert was a belly dancer! :D okay. actually dessert was baklava (mmm, baklava) and fresh fruit and the tastiest tea ever. i love tea. mmm... anyway, there was just a fucking assload of food. i couldn't be happier. :D

but there actually was a belly dancer there, though. she would try to get people to get up and dance with her. she didn't have many moves, though. except for that one where she bends all the way back. okay. that's one more move than i've got, so i won't make fun. and she's clicking away with those little castanets or whatever the fuck those things are called. you know, those little mini-cymbal thingies. so it was like it was steve's birthday, too! :P

at any rate, it was fun. i can see that place getting PACKED on the weekend. thank god my bday was on a wednesday. it was nice and quiet and intimate.

i really wanna go back to sleep, but i think i'll be even MORE tired when i have to wake up at 6:45 or 7... what to do, what to do, what to do?

*a special thank you to everyone who sent me cards, e-cards, phone calls, good wishes and GIFTS my way. i love all of you. especially those of you who sent me gifts :P hehe. no, really. it was all so thoughtful and sweet... THANK YOU AGAIN.*

6 Comments:

Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Glad you had a good B-day. Sorry you woke up! ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS mix your muscle relaxers with alcohol! Geesh! That place sounds fun...but do you have to eat with your hands? I have issues with places where everyone's hands are touching the food. If you don't eat with your hands, I will go there. Otherwise...um, no.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Great. Just great. Having read your post, I'm now full. I haven't eaten one thing. But I cannot imagine eating that much food. How? How, Grace?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Rarry said...

I find that 15-20 Tylenol PM usually does the trick.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday.

eating, sleeping, sex...hmmm that's a tough one to rank..not even sure that i could.

1:43 PM  
Blogger grace said...

as: nope. chamomile doesn't work for me.

mel: no worries. there are utensils. phew! :P

jeanette: like i told you, i'm an eating machine. or a pig. or whatever. i can outeat just about anyone. well, everyone i know, for sure :P

lar: i need some. can you send some my way? :P

le: yeah... depends on my moods :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm sorry didn't know it was your bday. Happy late bday! Marakesh is awesome. I think I've been to that same one. Ages ago. Forgot about that place.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home