12.10.2004

I AM A SUCKER

i think i may have this tattooed on my forehead. and if i don't have one there already, i should just get it done and over with...

last night, this cute little boy came by selling magazine subscriptions. steve was at the gym. shit. i knew i should've gone to the gym... but i was cooking dinner. so, he comes by, gives me the sell... and i buy it.

i got ripped off. of course.

why couldn't it have been an ugly obnoxious kid that came over??? then i probably wouldn't have had a problem telling him i wasn't interested. but he was so charming and cute. god, i hate that kid. if i ever see him in my neighborhood, i'm going to... probably do nothing and scurry off.

i sent off a cancellation letter today. i hope he doesn't know it was me. fuck, why do i even care???

just one more reason why we can't have kids. i will never be able to say no to them and they'll turn out to be little spoiled brats.

steve, you may want to get me a "no solicitors" sign for our front door. i'm going to need it next week when you're gone.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh god.. i do that all the time.. i end up buying 5 candy bars for $25. i don't know if the "no solicitors" will work. you should get a "beware of rabbied bunny" or something.. :P

12:12 PM  
Blogger Jer said...

Cute little kids don't know what "no solicitors" means. Put up "No cute children" instead. It'll make you real popular with the neighbors.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

yeah you're a wimp. :P

we don't get many solicitors, but i always end up buying girl scout cookies. thin mints...mmmmmm.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Do you have any idea how much wrapping paper and cookie dough I have bought from the kids on my block? I am a damn sucker. I feel your pain.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

The only thing I'm a sucker for is girl scout cookies.

I have no problem saying "no" to little kids selling crap. Why? I used to sell cheap ass jewelry as part of school fundraisers and I was darn uncomfortable doing it. So, I think the "uncomfortableness" should be passed on.

3:19 PM  
Blogger grace said...

jeremy: you're right... but... gawd! why are kids so illiterate these days???

i never buy girl scout cookies from the little girls that stalk me in front of ralph's. i usually end up buying a shitload from the random people at work who all seem to have a niece/ granddaughter/ daughter/ goddaughter/ friend's daughter in the girl scouts...

GAWD, i'm a puss.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Cece Martinez said...

The little neighbor boys are super-cute and I always buy stuff from them but last time I never got my little silver coffee scooper so Alex better stay away from my door with his fundraising catalog next year. I'm still bitter.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home