11.12.2004

i'm a 'tard magnet....

no offense, steve...

i was talking to a girlfriend of mine last night... which is an event all in itself. i've not been feeling like talking on the phone lately...

at any rate, i was telling her about how when i go to church with steve, this guy there, who has downs syndrome, stares at me. all the time. i don't know if it's because i'm the only asian person there, or if he thinks we could be friends, or if he thinks our eyes are shaped the same. i don't know. at any rate, it's kind of creepy. and it's not just because he's got downs syndrome. if anyone spent that much time staring at me, i'd think it was creepy. even if it was steve.

it's so bad that even his parents have noticed it. they now will sit in between him and me (we're not sitting near each other, by the way) so that they can control him and make him look in a different direction. if he didn't have downs, i would probably just stare back with a dirty look. unfortunately, he makes me extremely uncomfortable. i haven't exactly had much experience with people who have downs syndrome. so i don't know how to act.

and it's not just him, either. my company used to hire ... people... uhm... i don't know if they were retarded. they were... just... very... slow... i don't know what they did here. i'm sure they didn't use any sharp objects. at any rate, this one guy used to follow me around (when i used to actually go into the cafeteria). and i have no idea how he got my name. and he'd corner me at every opportunity and say, "HI, GRACE!" and i'd say hi back and scurry on by. one day, he brought me a flower. i said, "thank you." and after that, he thought we were dating or something. he just would not leave me alone. and for some unknown reason (i think god was fucking with me) i would always get to work at precisely the same time the short bus would get there. yes, they rode a short bus. no, it was not yellow.

so, by the time, i parked and got out of my car, he would already be outside... waiting for me... it was awkward, to say the least.

so, why do they love me? why? maybe they think we can relate or something. maybe we could. maybe i should've given him a chance.

or not.

either way, it's creepy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Quyen said...

Maybe they think you're retarded too. Bwahahahaha LOL j/k... :P

3:38 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

I have the same problem.

I don't know why they do it. Next time, let's just ask them. "Why do you stare at me?"

"Derrr, becuz yer perty."

5:27 PM  
Blogger grace said...

Q: i KNOW! i totally know that's the reason! shit!

J: you are the most fucked up CCC i know. i mean, come on! WWJD and all that? muwahahaha. (that's supposed to be a compliment, by the way...)

7:03 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

I almost pissed myself with the sharp objects comment!

If it makes you feel any better, there is a pervy old housekeeper at my hotel that I have to run from! He once told me to call him if I got lonely! Eww! He is old enough to be my Grandpa!

How come none of the cute valet parking boys say that to me!?!?!

10:17 PM  
Blogger grace said...

because the cute valet boys are intimidated by your beauty :P and the old geezers have nothing to lose!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home