11.19.2004

the countdown begins...

i didn't realize that saying that being a girl sucks would open up such a can of worms. of course there are ups and downs to being a girl... but it's tough to find new girlfriends. in my experience, most women have treated me poorly. i've been hurt way more by girls than guys. (we don't even wanna get into that hannah thing again.) maybe because the relationships i had with guys were more shallow... i don't know.

at any rate, i wasn't "soliciting support" or anything like that... i was just saying it sucks to be a girl. most of my life i've had guy friends. we moved around a lot and guys (for whatever reason) are more open to being friends. girls ended up being really clique-y. and whenever there was a new girl, it was hunting season. "oh my god, tina, is that bitch talking to your boyfriend? oh my god, let's kick her ass!" and the sad thing is... it's not even just in my freshman year of high school...

at work, the women here like to talk about other girls... if i gain weight, i must be prego. if i lose weight, i must be anorexic or bulimic. if i'm staying late, i'm having an affair, if i come in early, i'm trying to get a raise. i don't even really talk to these women... if i do, they start asking me when the baby's coming and things like that. i don't want to talk to them about it. it's none of their business.

i have nothing in common with them. ... even the few people that i do get along with here at work, well, it's not like i would kick it with them and have a couple of beers after work or invite them to my home for a bbq or something....

i've just had a hard time making and keeping girlfriends. even the ones i do have, we don't really have much in common anymore. we may have had a lot in common when we were 10 or 15 or 21... but not so much anymore. we have different interests now, we do different things now, we definitely think differently now.... it's just hard to see eye to eye on a lot of things.

okay. 'nuff about that. i get to leave work in 8 hours. wooty woot! :D

i can't wait. i need a vacation in the worst way possible. i think it wouldn't be so bad if i was actually getting paid for the overtime i put in. salary positions suck. when they hired me on, i asked them if i could be hourly and the HR lady laughed before she said, "uhm, no." ouch.

i was a little sad last night, though... we took the baby bunny to steve's mom's... she's bunny sitting for us while we're gone... the bunny isn't even going to remember us when we come back. she's probably all happy to be at grandma's. grandma spoils the bunny. a lot. she's going to be so fat when we come back from vacation. the bunny. not grandma. i call steve's mom the bunny whisperer. and she also has a guinea pig. monkey will have her very own pocket pal!

i just know we'll walk in the door to pick her up and she'll look at us like, "hmmm... you look familiar.... do i know you???" god, that bunny's stupid. but so, so cute.

there was this guy at work last night who found out we were going on vacation... and then he's all trying to kick me some knowledge... but in a really condescending tone. "when you get there, don't nap, okay? just stay awake until it's time to go to bed. then you won't feel the jet lag." now, that's a nice tip and all, but the way he talks to me... it's just annoying. i wanted to tell him, "hey, thanks for the tip..... we've never travelled outside of our own time zone before...." but he doesn't get sarcasm. he'd probably think i was serious.

and then he's asking me where we're staying... i told him i didn't know because i didn't make any of the plans. "is it like a comfort inn or something? you're probably flying coach, too, aren't you?"

I'M SORRY, ASSHOLE... I DON'T MAKE A 6 FIGURE SALARY LIKE YOU.

prick. this guy also says to me sarcastically (when i'm at work late one night, in again the next morning early and staying late one more night) "oh... i feel sooo bad for you!"

he typically comes in fairly early and leaves fairly late. he probably puts in about 10 hours a day... sometimes 12. he is also a VP and makes a SHITLOAD of money... what a dick. i don't get paid 25% of what he makes and he thinks i should be here as long as he is every fucking day or something? what a fuckwad. god! i hate him.

anyway, i'm definitely not going to miss work one bit. i will miss my blog and blogging buddies :( i hope i don't get the shakes or anything... i'm so addicted to the blog, it's scary.

i think yesterday was the first workday ever that i didn't post anything... i was so angry and i couldn't even make time to bitch about it! it was a sad day for me.

on the music front, check out out of the box mixed by ed rush & optical. more drum 'n' bass for your aural pleasure.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jer said...

Aww, I'll miss your daily posts while you're off chasing kangaroos and I'm freezing my ass off in Utah. Try to bring home a wombat--they're like bunnies, only scarier, as far as furry rodents go.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

You know what, Grace? I found your blog because you were a "substitute" for someone who wasn't posting very much. Now I'm gonna have to find a "substitute" for you? I mean, this really sucks. J/K. I hope you have a really awesome time on vacation. I know you will, though.

I missed you yesterday but it was okay that you didn't post. It just gave us girls a chance to bond and scare the men away, if only temporarily. :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

awwww, we'll miss your posts! all day yesterday i was expecting a manic grace post, but nothing. :'(

i will add one thing...i love being a girl, but you're right about the girlfriend thing. there is something in female genetics that causes a woman to knock another woman down. i don't understand it, but i see it all the time. i think that's why women can never attain gender equality. men aren't the enemy; it's your fellow woman.

But i think i'd really get along with the blogger ladies. it's weird. just when i give up hope for humanity, i come across some crazy but cool girls.

10:44 AM  
Blogger gg said...

Are you pregnant Grace?

I seem to be in the minority in that I make MUCH better friends with women than I do with men. I'm always nervous around guys (except the bf) and with women I can just be myself. It's true there's a lot of gossip and snarking about other women (and men) sometimes, but men talk about that stuff too... don't they?

11:04 AM  
Blogger Quyen said...

The reason why blogger girls are kewl is because (the good ones) actually have minds. You'll notice alot of the more intelligent girls don't insult people on petty things like shoe-purse matching and such frivolous things. But, I am guilty of bashing women... but it's mostly for them being really stupid... Does that count? LOL :P

11:10 AM  
Blogger grace said...

jeremy: wombats are scary bunnies???? like the one in donnie darko? or scarier than that????

whenever Q types "kewl" i always read it all nerdy and shit. don't ask. i just do.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jer said...

Actually wombats look more like pigs, except they have fur. I suppose some people might find them cute, but definitely scarier than bunnies. Do a google image search for "wombat" and you'll see plenty of pictures.

1:54 PM  
Blogger grace said...

oooh... they are cute... i want one!!!! TO EAT! :P

hehe... j/k.... they do look like furry little pigs! i think my bunny needs a pet....

2:31 PM  
Blogger NARDAC said...

I'm sorry about the way that came out, the whole soliciting support shit. It just sounded all wrong in type, and it was just a little question to find out a little clearer what you intended.

anyways, feel somehow that I've been looped into the evil girl-bashing ring. maybe in some way it's true, since I am probably more critical of my own sex than is warranted. It's just that I usually have shallower relationships with straight men, I assume the majority of them are my friends for ulterior motives, and thus don't have to be critical of their failings since the standards are lower in the first place. Women, and gay men, are the ones that must absolutely NOT let me down...so when they do I go ballistic. Oddly enough, this translates into me having tons of male friends, a very good tight knit core of girlfriends and gay boyfriends, plus one (very new) husband.

blah blah blah...eating up your good space and time.

Have a wicked time down under, and watch out for shoulder bruises from koalas.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home