11.15.2004

i heart my husband...

before i get into my post, i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who wished us well for our anniversary! so sweet! i wanted to cry! seriously!

i came home around noon today so that i could hang out more with mike and nina... and i got home, and they had flowers and a card for us for our anniversary. i'm serious when i say that mike and nina are two of the nicest and most considerate people i've ever met.

that being said, they were my guinea pigs. :P i was a little apprehensive about meeting people online. but now that i've met them (and mel - which was really quite spontaneous), i'm so eager to meet everyone else! we're going to have to throw a blogger party or something. or better yet, meet up in vegas. i'm so glad we did this...

okay... here's my post.

it's kinda funny... sometimes when i'm at work, all of a sudden, for no reason in particular, i'll get mushy gushy feelings towards steve and have to email him just to tell him that i love him so very much...

he's just so patient and sweet to me. i think when people first meet him, they might not get that impression because he's just really quiet. they might think that he doesn't like them or whatever... but with me, he's different.

he's really funny... he's got that dry sense of humor that i love. and he is the king of one-liners.

he seems to be really stoic, but he's really affectionate with me... and i like that he treats me differently than other people.

i dated this guy for a bit, tony. tony was a nice guy. really, really nice. like, almost nice to a fault. we had fun together. things were okay and all... but he treated me like he treated everyone else. he was the same way with me that he was with his parents, his siblings, his ex-girlfriends, his friends, his co-workers... and when he answered the phone, you could never tell who he was talking to. it was like he was uncomfortable with everyone.... even his parents... it was... weird.

at any rate, i like that steve isn't like that. i like how he is really sweet to me... and affectionate. even though he may mostly be affectionate when we're alone and no one else knows...

i love that my family loves him... and my brother and sister get along with him. and he is always so patient with my parents, even though they're crazy.

he can always teach me something... whether it's about books, movies, music or just... anything.

he takes care of me when i'm drunk off my ass.... we've had parties where i'm passed the fuck out and he will make sure i'm in bed, and clean up everything so when i wake up, it's just about all done. he still loves me even when i'm annoying when i'm fucked up. heh.

he never tells me what to do... and whatever i want to do, he is so supportive.

he never yells at me. we've only been in 2 fights that i can remember. and they weren't even that bad, come to think of it. they were both my fault... i was being psychotic... and he may be the most patient man in the world, but even he has his limit. hehe.

the other weekend, i was going through this box i have... it's of keepsakes and such... of the places we've been... the fun things we did... i started keeping it because when we first started dating, everything was so wonderful that i was pretty sure it wasn't going to last. i mean, why get my hopes up? so i kept everything so i could have a memento of the best boyfriend i ever had in my life. now, i just keep everything out of habit.

so i was transferring everything into a bigger box and i came across a valentine's day card he gave me. and it made me kinda tear up. he never writes anything that's mushy, gushy and cheesey... but what he did write --- was so sweet... he thought i was being silly...hehe... but i was serious. it was just the sweetest thing.

a few weeks (maybe even a couple of months) after we started dating, this older lady at work stopped me and asked if i was still dating "that cute boy" in the other department. i said, "yes." but apparently, i didn't seem too happy about it... she asked what was wrong. i said, "that's the problem. nothing is wrong. i'm scared. everything is too perfect..." i guess i was just used to drama or something. she laughed at me and said, "oh, sweetie, then just enjoy it." and i was ready to break up with him because i was so scared... i'm glad she talked to me then.

i can't believe that it's already been two years. steve, i love you more than ever... thank you for putting up with me... and my crazy ideas and stupid shit that i say and do... thank you for making me want to be a better person....

5 Comments:

Blogger peachy said...

Happy Anniversary Grace and Steve. Sounds like you really got lucky.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Cece Martinez said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Now I gotta steal this idea from you!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Booo Hoooo Hoooo. Honk. (nose blowing) How could you post this? Huh? You trying to make us all cry? Is that what's going on? Gawd!

I know what you mean about the "nicest boyfriend" and "being scared it's too perfect." Like, most of the drama in my relationship ... okay, fine, all the drama in my relationship comes from me. Not him. I save the momentos, too.

Ditto what Veronica said ... about the Depends and dentures. That's so sweet.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

awwwwwwwwwww, that's so cute. i have a tear in my eye.

i wish you both the very best. cheers!

8:30 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

You guys rock! I heart your husband, too!! Umm...not in the same way you do, obviously, but he is very cool...

And I guess all along maybe that has been my problem...I tend to go for the guys who aren't nice! I am changing that straight away!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home