9.28.2004

for my fellow drum and bass lovers

(ahem, julia and jeremy...)

check out High Contrast... i can't find a Web site... argh.

at any rate, his drum 'n' bass is a little more musical than say, dieselboy, but it's good, nonetheless.

speaking of dieselboy, i finally listened to The Dungeonmaster's Guide that i've had in my car for weeks and weeks... (my car rocks an mp3 player, so i've been listening to this cd for a long time before i finally got to the album...)

it's good... but at the end, it was kind of... trace-esque. i was a little confused. i've never heard him deviate from the hard, beat-heavy, almost music-less drum 'n' bass...

at any rate, so, besides Concord Dawn and Black Sun Empire, check out High Contrast and The Stork. seriously. he kicks ass, too.

so much good music, so little time. the only good thing about having a long commute to work is listening to music on the way... since my commute is about 15 minutes at maximum, it's hard to really get into stuff... and steve and i usually switch off cars to carpool. it takes me a LONG time to get through a cd these days.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh goodie.. more CDs i must buy.. hehe..

i've been listening to a lot of downtempto stuff lately--a secret admirer put a copy of a thievery corporation cd on my desk. =) i likely.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Is this them? Link

3:44 PM  
Blogger grace said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:38 PM  
Blogger grace said...

jeanette: yeah... but they don't have their own official site, i don't think...

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jer said...

I have about 7 High Contrast songs on my computer, although I don't remember how they got there.

I do enjoy the Diesel Boy, and Thievery Corporation as well for that matter. TC makes me think of Africa. I studied there for a few months and used to listen to TC while walking on the beach at night. Africa, the beach, warm summer nights and Thievery Corporation -- you can't beat it!

6:32 PM  
Blogger grace said...

wow! you studied in africa? you're a world traveller :)

4:33 PM  
Blogger bullish1974 said...

if you mean high contrast of hospital records, it's here: http://www.hospitalrecords.com/artists_highcontrast.shtml

this should help.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home