9.22.2004

oh, man...

so, another one bites the dust.

just heard someone at work sold his house here, bought a 2800 sq ft home with some land out in austin for $200K. i'm sure he paid cash for the whole thing...

we are so going to miss our window of opportunity. we could sell our place and move elsewhere. buy a place and look for jobs... there are of course, downsides... family will be far away... korean food will probably be far away... friends will be even farther away. job market may suck... who knows...


sometimes i really want out. move away from here. go to seattle or phoenix or maui or pennsylvania... just quit the job and GO.

UGH. i just want to start the hell over. get out of my dead end job.

but, it'll never happen.

i know i need change. i don't know why i'm never satisfied. it has nothing to do with steve or anything like that...

when i was younger, i always thought that i'd never want to move because we moved so much when i was a kid. i thought that all i wanted was to live in one spot. now, i don't know anymore. i think i need to get away from here. hence all the travelling. travelling keeps me occupied, but... what happens once it stops?

and to be honest, i guess our condo feels like it's just steve's condo. he bought it before he met me. don't get me wrong. i like it. it's cozy, but i didn't pick it out. all my stuff is there, but it doesn't feel like mine. we made some changes to make it feel like mine, but... still...

maybe i just need to hire an interior designer. like thom. *sigh*

i just have issues, i guess. even if we moved into my dream home, i may still be like this. i should be grateful. i mean, most women would die to be in my shoes, right?

what the fuck is wrong with me, anyway???? i just don't know what yet. i don't know if i'll ever find out, either.

man, steve's going to read this and think i'm complaining about him or something...

steve: i'm not complaining about you. i'm complaining because i don't know what's wrong with me. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger A said...

the only thing wrong is that you have everything you thought you wanted, at least personal/relationship-wise, and now you're rethinking it all. It's normal. Trust me. I have the job of my dreams (personal life's a farking joke), and I'm constantly all "WTF?/is this really what I wanted?" Grass is greener syndrome.

And if you do move, you'll only be saddled with regret/nostalgia issues.

YAY! I'm a bucket of sunshine today!! But really, it's all good!! Right?!

2:29 PM  
Blogger grace said...

i don't know. i'm just an ingrate, i guess... hehe...

and shucks, thanks, guys... making me feel like i'm all loved and shit... hehe...

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jer said...

It's true that property value in California has risen to insane heights. My parent's house in West Covina has more than quadrupled in value since they moved in 20 years ago. And the house is pretty crappy as far as houses go.

My house in Utah is 2000 sq.ft, very nice, nearly brand new and we got it for $145k. The city I live in is pretty big with good shopping (there's even an asian supermarket down the street) and it's very green -- but it's damn cold in the winter. That's why I will always miss California and will eventually move back there. I just hope the prices go down...or else I'll have to, I don't know, go on a shooting spree or something.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Oddgirl said...

Ummm,yeah move to Phoenix...:)

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home