9.20.2004

do i look sick???

this lady at work took me aside and asked me in a whisper if i was okay.

me: i'm fine....
lady: i heard you were sick.
me: really? that's weird 'cause i feel fine...
l: you're just so skinny, they thought you were sick.
me: o... kay...

[who is THEY? the collective group of yentes at work have been talking about me, i guess]

me: well, thanks for your concern, but i'm not sick...

[yeah. concern. like they care.]

l: well, if you want to talk to someone, i'll be here for you.

[yeah, so she can tell all the other old yentes]

wtf? i got off my diet months ago. and since i had that neck thing i couldn't go to the gym. and then i got sick, but it's not like i was eating less or anything. if anything, i've been getting flabbier. heh.

they're probably hoping i have an eating disorder... i guess they've run out of people to talk about.

9 Comments:

Blogger gg said...

You should have said "Yeah, I'm sick-- sick of YOU!!"

That would have been excellent.

11:43 AM  
Blogger grace said...

oh, man! if only i had run back to check my blog first. that WOULD have been excellent.

damn. i'm just not quick on the uptake, i guess.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

ugh, i hate that kind of pseudo-concern.

"I'll be here for you" - ha, that's classic. she must be watching too much Dr. Phil.

12:57 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

You are way too nice. When buttinskis try to get up in my business, I usually tell them all kinds of stories. And then sit back and watch the rumor mill churn. Love it!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

uhhh.. gracie.. you are really skinny.. not to say that you have an eating disorder or anything.. but i don't think i've ever seen you this skinny.

but it's not an unheathly skinny.. it's a, hot damn mama, i want her for christmas. :P

1:29 PM  
Blogger grace said...

i know. she just caught me off-guard. i'm having an off day for fucking with people. damn.

and jules, i totally would've made out with you if only you showed up on saturday. :P

1:51 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

-Make pukey noises from the bathroom stall.
-Constantly look at your compact mirror and suck in your cheeks.
-Wear bandages around your forearms and carry little scissors.
-Eat an entire cupcake in one bite at your desk - and don't use your hands.
-Stare at your wrists for several minutes.
-Remove the label from some prescription medicine and leave it on your monitor.
-Clue only two other people in so they can spy for you and you can all laugh and laugh and laugh at the tools in your office.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Quyen said...

Sooooo not kewl! I remember when I was tiny that people would always tell me I was "too skinny" and needed to put some meat on me... mostly these were heavy girls telling me this... guys on the other hand would be like "whoa, hot!" My opinion? Be hot to trot, and if anyone has something to "say" about it, tell them to get some self-esteem and a life, to boot ;)

2:34 PM  
Blogger David said...

I know! They also say that I'm skinny!
But that's because I am. :o(

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home