9.17.2004

my brother's in iowa and i still have to deal with his bullshit

again about my stupid brother.

in this program he's in, my parents can not visit him for 6 months. which is fine. he needs to be away from them, just as they need to be away from him.

unfortunately, there's another prerequisite. they need to take these seminars. if they don't take these seminars, they don't get to see my brother. (to be honest, i don't even know why they want to see him.)

SO. what does this have to do with me? i'm the lucky winner! october 8, i get to go to san diego to attend this seminar with them to be their translator. i swear, with every passing year in the states, their english gets worse. wtf?

anyway, this wouldn't be so bad except it's 3 days long. i have to waste a vacation day and a weekend to go with them. oh, and the schedule...

Friday: 9AM -12... MIDNIGHT.
Saturday: 9AM- 12.. MIDNIGHT.
Sunday: 9AM-6PM...

there goes my weekend - shot to shit. and to be honest, i'm not sure if i can survive 3 FULL DAYS with my parents. i might die. i love them and all, but i haven't lived with them since i was about 14 or 15 years old.

and we're staying at the LOVELY super 8. hehe. eh, it was cheap.

at least the weekend after i'm going to new orleans. heh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jer said...

I feel for you.. is your brother the problem child in the family? We have one of those, oh yes.

Asian parents are fun. I'm not asian, but 90% of my good friends back home in Cali are. I had many a delightful conversation with them, which usually involved us smiling and at each other, pretending to understand what the other was saying--them with their thick accents, me with my too-fast english. Good times.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Quyen said...

I draw your attention back to a previous blog where she references her Korean VCD translating skills ;) I have asian parents too... um... good luck :)

12:57 AM  
Blogger Quyen said...

I draw your attention back to a previous blog where she references her Korean VCD translating skills ;) I have asian parents too... um... good luck :)

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home