12.29.2004

luscious jackson and len

so, steve and i didn't get to have lunch together today. bummer.

went to my car and i had luscious jackson in the car. fever in fever out is a great fucking album. quite underrated, to be honest.

and that reminded me of len. you can't stop the bum rush is also underrated. they had one hit. steal my sunshine. i hate that fucking song. it's the absolute worst song on that album. i was cleaning (before steve and i got married) and i saw this cd. i remember thinking, "oh, jeezus, i HATE that song... do i dump him? but he has good taste in music... maybe i should give it a spin before i break up with him over this cd."

and i gave it a spin. and i loved it. i still hated that stupid first track, though.

and since we're on the L's here, check out lemon jelly. good chill out music.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kis Lee said...

steal my sunshine really is a horrible, bad, awful song. it represents everything that's wrong with the music industry. blech!

1:46 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

I love me some Luscious Jackson!! Okay, so I used to work at Urban Outfitters in The Lab (in Costa Mesa) when I was like 18 (so 3 years ago, right?). Anyway, to help celebrate our big opening, LJ actually played in our store. It was one of my happiest moments ever. But it seems like no one knows who they are nowadays!

8:45 AM  
Blogger grace said...

the anti-mall! yeah. that place rules! they've got a good and fun cuban restaurant there, too...

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home