9.10.2004

woman at work

there's this woman at work. i'm going to refer to her as BAW. guess what that stands for.... heh.

anyway, she's been home sick for the past few days... while i was here at work sick. so, she sends me an email either last week or early this week:

Grace,

Roll up this information like you normally do. Get it back to me before next Thursday.

BAW

notice, she didn't ask. she didn't say thank you.

see, every month, i've been doing this presentation for her. usually it's because she's out on vacation or out sick or whatever. when she sent this email, she had no excuse. she just didn't want to do it.

normally, her boss asks me very nicely if i wouldn't mind doing it. and i don't mind it because it only takes me 30-45 minutes and it's just updates and it's really easy. but, i do mind when she tells me to do something because she thinks she's too much of a bigshot to do something.

so, i just didn't respond. and then yesterday she sends me an email asking me when she's going to get the presentation back to her... i told her:

BAW,

I am also very, very sick today. However, I am here at work. I will try to get to your presentation, but I have a lot of other things to work on and as you know, my boss' work comes first.

When I can get to it, I'll send it to your boss and I will cc: you on the email.

Grace

and then she sends me back an email all friendly and shit...

Thanks for doing this. Doesn't it suck that they can't even let us be sick in peace?

who is this "us" she is referring to? she was at home, in her PJs... and i know she didn't work anymore after about noon because she never responded back to me about an issue i needed to get resolved...

i mean, wtf? can't she do her own damn work? i'm tired of her. and then i told on her. i'm such a narc. anyway, i told my boss what she did and he got so mad. hehehe... i was all playing the good guy... hehehe... he's so mad at her right now. he told her boss i'm never doing it again and she is never to tell or ask me to do anything for her. hehehehe...

i'll be nice and continue to kiss up and tell her boss i wouldn't mind doing it, if he needs it done. i'm such a bitch.

oh, and then she comes by my cube all smiley: how're you feeling today?
me: like shit. and you?
baw: so much better.
me: so the time at home did you some good, huh?
baw: i needed it. i was just run down.

yeah... beeeyach...

baw: thanks for doing that again... did you get my email yesterday?
me: uhm....
baw: that it sucks that they can't let us be sick in peace?
me: *fuming* yeah. it does suck. and i am here again today.
baw: you should go home early. you don't look that good.
me: thanks. i'll be sure to tell my boss you told me i could go home early. thanks.

i hate her. and i'm not the only one she does that to. she will just tell people to do things. and because she's a BAW, they just do it.

i'm glad my boss told her and her boss off. hehehe... phew. then i didn't have to do it.

stupid work ethic. i should've just blown this whole thing off.

4 Comments:

Blogger gg said...

Well played!

10:29 AM  
Blogger grace said...

believe it or not, even though i work for a technology company, people here are serious technotards.

i doubt anyone here even knows what a blog is. and if they do, oh well. it was about time i started looking for a new job :P

11:31 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

awesome! great way to handle the situation.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

when i grow up, i wanna be just like gracie. :P

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home