8.13.2004

do i LOOK like i need your damned help?

yesterday, i was standing in the parking lot waiting for steve to come pick me up after work ... and this guy in a black car (maybe it was an acura? i don't know. i don't care.) starts backing up

wait. this just in... steve sold crystal chronicles :( i was going to play it! i'm never going to complain about another game again :( damn. oh well. i sucked at it, anyway.

back to my story...

this guy's about to leave, backs up, drives up and asks if i need help. DID I LOOK DESPERATE? even if i did need help, what did he think he was going to do? damn. i should've told him i needed to pick my mom up in chino hills and could he please pick her up for me. that miserable little fuck. i hate old guys. anyway, i told him, "no. i'm waiting for my ride. thanks." (damn, i even said THANKS! that's big for me.) anyway, the asshole actually looked disappointed. what a jerk. he waited around for what felt like 5 minutes. it was prolly only 10 seconds, but when someone is just sitting in their car staring at you, it feels like forever... and then he drove away finally....

now, in all fairness, i'm sure he was just trying to be nice... and he doesn't know what a bitch i am... so he probably thought he was doing the right thing... but, i was certain i wasn't giving off that whole damsel in distress vibe... and i don't need his fucking charity. i don't know why it bugged me so damned much. it just did. i hate people.

2 Comments:

Blogger A said...

it's funny, and semi-related...bear with me. On NY craigslist Missed Connections today, there was an all-out b.s. fest about how women in new york scowl all the time. And some asshole was all "hey, why don't you just smile?" and that threw everyone into a frenzy--like, you don't know if my mother just got diagnosed with cancer, if I just got dumped, if I just got fired, etc..but basically, and this is true, if you smile or look approachable, inside of 5 minutes, some asshole takes that as his cue to harrass the hell out of you. See? Semi-related. Ok, I'll shut up now.

6:44 PM  
Blogger grace said...

it's sad, but i can't help it. i hate old men. they bother me. and they smell bad.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home