2.23.2005

how did i even graduate from college?

it's becoming quite clear to me that my school should never have given me a diploma.

i have a degree in business administration. and i don't know a fucking thing about it. i have to ask steve EVERYTHING about... well, everything.

seriously, anything that has to do with money, i have to ask him... jeezus... what? 401K? mortgage payments? interest? my eyes just fucking glaze over.

i'm soooo glad that he bought our place before i ever came into the picture. i think i would've FREAKED THE FUCK OUT if i had to deal with any of that shit.

when i went into college, i had a full scholarship. an academic one, no less. i guess i'm just a good test taker. anyway, my freshman year, i just fucked around. i started out with a double major... and somehow i just barely squeaked by with one. heh. anyway, i needed a 3.5 to keep my scholarship, so i was shit outta luck.

i wrote the board this letter... a total bullshit letter and they agreed to extend my scholarship for another year... but i was on probation.

i might've been able to keep my scholarship had i gotten a 4.0 my sophomore year... and had i taken an assload of classes... but that didn't fucking happen. heh.

so i lost my stupid scholarship. i was taking this stupid botany class... and i hated it. i hated every fucking second of it. i hated it so much, i withdrew from the class... he was the only professor teaching that class. and just about every fucking major needed it... except, business administration. and that's what i went with.

i didn't get horrible grades in those business classes, either. i guess i was just going through the motions and just did what i was told. and i got through it.

and i must've repressed those memories or something. sophomore through senior years were the Psycho Years, so maybe i really did. heh.

regardless, though... i can't believe they gave me a freakin' diploma. it's probably not even valid. heh. i'm beginning to wonder why i even went.

the only thing i learned in college was how to appreciate a good wine. YOU CHUG IT. :P no, but really. that's all i learned. i didn't need to go to college for that!

i only made one friend in college. all my other friends are from high school or pre-puberty. i didn't retain any information from any of my classes. i don't have great memories from most of my college years.

i guess i just did college because i was expected to. i still feel lost most of the time, like i don't know what i want to do when i grow up. i'm really beginning to think i didn't need to go to college.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kis Lee said...

i almost took botany...then i came to my senses. i took some shitty courses in my first two years. i think i took archaelogy at some point. and no, they don't teach you about indiana jones. :P

3:44 PM  
Blogger Envoy-ette said...

LOL...when Hubby and I play some quiz game...I always win. And he went to a FAR BETTER school then I did!

4:02 PM  
Blogger peachy said...

Sometimes I think having a degree is such a farce.
You get your degree and your job, you don't know anything, you don't do anything special, you just have a degree.

Then, when you're ready to change jobs no one will hire you because you don't have the special degree that they require. Like those idiots are using their special degree. It's such a sham.

I mean, I'm glad I have one, but still, is it really all that?

Oh, and then you think because you don't know anything you should go back to school and start the whole cycle over again.

Yes, this is long and I'm disgruntled. hee hee. Good post, Racey. Do an audioblog, jerk. HA!

4:42 PM  
Blogger peachy said...

Oh..and one more thing. I feel like Chris with my long reply. Sorry about that.

4:43 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

We had a rivalry with another school in our Botany class. We used to spy on each other. Things got nasty once when we discovered one of the guys in our class was spying for the other school. Yes, he was a plant...

11:06 PM  
Blogger grace said...

LE: that would be such an awesome class! hehe... what makes me laugh is the "i think i took archaelogy." was it that boring? hehe.

biki: i didn't know you could leave HS early to apply for early admission. GOD, my high school sucked ass.

envoy: i wish i could say the same... but not only did i go to a shittier school, i still suck at trivia games :P

peachy: NO! i'm not ready for that step in our relationship yet... and btw, that chris comment cracked me the FUCK up... you just got an extra brownie point in my book! :P muwahaha.

v: aw, v, that would've been awesome! a whole new generation of kids with potty-mouths! i don't want my kids to be the only ones cursing! :P hehe...

lah: it was something weird. you needed these 3 sciences... and botany was one of them. or my school was just stupid and fucked up. but for business, all you needed was this stupid general science class. it taught shit that you learn in 7th grade. it was fucking awesome! heh.

ian: HAH! you're so funny...

8:36 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm going to go study and pretend I didn't read any of this.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home