7.27.2004

the rant - stupid boys at work

so, yesterday, i got a compliment on my watch. and i told the guy, i'll call him frank, that i got it for Wife Appreciation Week. now, wife appreciation week is an invention of steve's... for some reason, every once in a while, he starts sending me gifts in the mail, etc... (yes, i know. i have the best husband in the world!) anyway... so frank starts giving me a hard time about it.
 
frank: why do you get gifts? what do you get him?
me: hey, i cook and clean!
frank: YOU? clean????
me: what's that supposed to mean?
frank: you just don't look like the type...
me: what's that supposed to mean?
f: you're high maintenance...
me: what??? you don't even know me!!! how can you say i'm high maintenance! i totally clean!
f: (laughing) i just don't see you cleaning... and scrubbing toilets (still laughing)
me: wtf is that supposed to mean? i'm not high maintenance!
 
what a jackass. am i high maintenance? maybe in some ways, but not the way he's saying i am. i mean, you should see my nails... i never go shopping, i wear almost no makeup... how could he possibly say i'm high maintenance? steve says it's cuz i'm cute and have boobies. wtf is that supposed to mean?
 
well, fuck frank and his stupid comments. he doesn't know me for shit...
 
speaking of stupid shit frank says, one day he and this other guy, "chris" were at my cube talking like they're SOOOO enlightened and laughing about how some people still refer to asians as orientals. now, i'm korean, and i really don't care if someone calls me oriental. it's just that it's not that important to me.
 
f: my uncle called my wife oriental (his wife is filipino, btw) and she said: "i'm not a RUG"
c: (laughing in disbelief) i can't believe he said that!!!
f: i know! it was so embarrassing!
c: (still laughing in disbelief) i can't believe some people

now, keep in mind, these are 2 white guys....

me: it really doesn't matter. who really cares? asian, oriental, whatever. and for the record, if you really wanna get technical about it, your wife isn't exactly asian, either. she's a pacific islander.

f: oh, well, she doesn't really care, either...

me: oh, yes, she does. she wouldn't have made that "joke" otherwise!

f: *blushing* kinda changing the subject... yeah... okay... and then he started talking about work.

yeah... 1 - grace, 0 - stupid work boy.

hey, why is this double spacing every time i push "enter" now???? weird....





2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

everyone should be aware of Wife Appreciation Week. we should market this.. have ribbons and everything. have an online store that sells only things that wifes would want. whaddya say? another idea to make money so we don't have to work for a corporation?

i have a theory about stupid boys at work. if we didn't have them, our lives would be boring. what would we write about on blogger.com?

hmm.. i suspect we'd write about the skanks...

11:36 AM  
Blogger grace said...

yeah, fuck the man. we really need something so that we don't have to work at our jobs anymore... *sigh*

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home